Autumn is officially here, which means (hopefully) those cosy, rainy days are coming soon. I personally love rainy days. I know I’m one of those, but for ~*normal*~ people, they can be a real downer. If the rain has ruined your plans, I’m here to help. Here’s my best ideas of what to do on rainy autumn days:
- Netflix & Chill- Maybe an obvious one, but nothing beats curling up under cosy blankets and watching something awesome. Here’s some ideas of what to binge.
- Bake something- I’m a huge fan of #GBBO and wish I were that talented, but you can’t go wrong with simple chocolate chip cookies, either.
- Read a good book- Rainy days are perfect for getting stuck in another world. Whether you like fantasy, sci-fi, whatever you please, the rain takes a good book to another level.
- Pamper yourself– a nice bath, a glass of wine, maybe a face mask & painting your nails? Do whatever little luxuries you never seem to have the time for!
- Go to a greenhouse- if you’re desperate to get out of the house, your local green house, garden centre, or arboretum is a great place to go on rainy days. It’s relaxing and apparently good for the mood.
- Marie Kondo your life- Why not be productive and get organised? Whether you use the Kondo method or not, sorting out your surroundings can be just what you need!
- Get active- Take the time to try a new activity. There are tons of high-octane things you can do indoors- ice skating, rock-climbing, crazy golf, even aerial yoga!
- Have a photoshoot- I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but bad weather can create the perfect soft lighting. Whether you haul out your fancy camera or just go with your iPhone, you’re sure to get those insta-worthy shots!
- Plan a trip- If you can’t jet off right away, plan something for the future. When your plans have been ruined, make new ones! Here are all my recommendations.
- Get crafty- Rainy days are perfect for continuing, starting or learning a new craft. There’s so many options; bullet journaling, sewing, knitting, scrap-booking…the list goes on.
I hope these can inspire you to do something fun on the rainy days ahead. If you try any of them, snap a photo and share with me here, or on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram! What are your favourite rainy day activities? Let me know in the comments below!
As always, thanks for reading & stay golden!
Like this? Pin it!