I thought it would be nice to do a little ” get to know me” post, as I’m always rambling on about stuff, but don’t really offer up too much about myself. I scoured the interwebs and found this tag on Still Being Molly’s page (which is great-you should check her out). I loved the questions- they were unique and fresh, so I thought I’d give it a go. I’m going to add some throwback photos to keep it interesting, and also because they are hilarious.
GET TO KNOW ME: 50 COMPLETELY RANDOM QUESTIONS PEOPLE RARELY ASK
- What’s your favorite candle scent? I really fall scents, so give me anything flannely, outdoorsy or cinnamon scented!
- What female celebrity do you wish you were related to? I feel like Krysten Ritter would be someone I’d get along with really well.
- What male celebrity do you wish was your brother? I think Liam Hemsworth would probably be a good brother.
- What’s your favorite thing about marriage/being in a relationship? (And if you’re not married, what’s your favorite thing about being single?) My favorite about my relationship is that I know there’s always someone who is 100% in my corner and there for me. Also, he makes me laugh so much.
- What’s one thing you own that you should probably get rid of, but just can’t? Random clothes that will probably never fit again but I keep them “just in case.”
- Can you do a split? Not anymore, but I’ve been stretching more so I can get back to it.Letsseeifthateverhappens.
- How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike? I don’t even remember…maybe 5?
- How many oceans have you swam in? Atlantic, Mediterranean Sea, Caribbean Sea, Gulf of Mexico (I know those aren’t all “oceans” per se.)
- How many countries have you been to? Twelve so far.
- Is anyone in your family in the military? My grandfather was in the Coast Guard.
- What was your favorite TV show when you were a child? Blue’s Clues. I tried to name my sister after Blue, but it didn’t go over well, so now I just call her that anyways.
- What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight? I don’t know-I remember dressing up as Queen Amidala from Star Wars one year so we’ll go with that.
- Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series? Yes, and I’ve seen all the movies too.
- Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? British, duh!
- Have you ever taken karate lessons? Nope!
- Do you know who Kermit the frog is? Are there people in this world who don’t?
- What’s the first amusement park you’ve been to? 99.9% chance it was Magic Kingdom at Disney World. Possibly Busch Gardens though.
- What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in? I’d love to learn a Scandinavian language like Norwegian or Danish. My best friend is from Denmark, so this should be easy, but here we are.
- Do you spell the color as grey or gray? I interchange them just to keep things interesting.
- Do you know triplets? No, I don’t. I know a few sets of twins though.
- Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook? Oh I love them both but if I had to choose, I’d say Titanic.
- Have you ever had Indian food? Yes! SO good.
- What’s the name of your favorite restaurant? There’s so many…I really love this tapas place called Ceviche in Tampa.
- Have you ever been to Olive Garden? Yes and it’s not that good.
- What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender? I’ve asked my mom and she said that they knew I was a girl really early on so they never had a male name for me.
- If you have a nickname, what is it? Most people call me Caity.
- Who’s your favorite person in the world? Rohan, duh. Love that guy.
- Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs? I’ve always lived in the suburbs, so I’d go with that.
- Can you whistle? Not really.
- Do you sleep with a nightlight? No, but I fall asleep with the lights on all the time.
- Do you eat breakfast every morning? I know you’re supposed to but I usually don’t.
- How many times have you been to the hospital? So many. I’ve had a heart condition since birth, and also I’m clumsy and have broken lots of bones.
- Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? Yes, of course.
- Where do you buy your jeans? Um. I don’t really wear jeans. I like American Eagle jeans.
- What’s the last compliment you got? Someone at work said my hair looked cute.
- Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning? No, I just always remember that they’re really weird.
- Favorite beverage that isn’t water? Coca-Cola, don’t judge me. I also really love orange juice.
- How many pairs of shoes do you currently own? Oh my god – so many. More than 20 for sure.
- How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real? I was probably 9ish. We found our Christmas bikes in the back part of the house.
- What is one food that you used to hate but now you love? I’ve never been a picky eater. I used to really dislike onions, and now I can tolerate them.
- What is a weird lie you’ve told? I’ve told restaurant staff that I’m allergic to stuff so they won’t put it on/in my food.
- Heels or flats? Depends on the occasion!
- Do you have any weird phobias? I’m really afraid of someone bleeding out in front of me- I hate the sight of blood so I just don’t know what I’d do.
- What is a phrase or word you always say? “Can you not.”
- What is a song that you blast or belt out when you are alone? Pretty much anything by Florence + the Machine.
- What is one of your biggest pet peeves? Just lack of basic manners. And when people use the incorrect form of “your/you’re” “there/they’re/their.”
- Do you sleep with your closet door open or closed? Usually closed.
- Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? Um, I feel like it’d be over more quickly with a bear. Also bees are the spawn of Satan.
- Do you have any weird things you do? I eat my fries with mayo instead of ketchup, which is normal in Europe but weird here in the US.
- What movie could you watch over and over again and still love? Pride & Prejudice (Keira Knightly version).
Normally this is the part where other bloggers are tagged to complete the challenge, but I’d like to invite any and all of you to do it if you like! Just make sure to tag me so I can read your answers! Are we similar or totally different? Let me know in the comments below.
Hope you enjoyed getting to know me. As always thanks for reading & stay golden!